Sunday, January 20, 2008

bedtime story: A Saturday Adventure..

Today, i went to the ward with Fana, as I promised her yesterday and clerked and examined a few patients. We started by taking a history from a dengue patient, who was a good looking 21 years old (same as me) Malay male and examined his GIT system ( which Fana told the patient that I want to examine him ). That was very naughty of her and I had no way but to proceed. I have this sydrome where I feel awkward examining a young, healthy looking male patient. However, I kept reminding myself that whatever i was going to do is for the sake of learning. Then, we went to another patient, and now it was Fana's turn to examine an older male patient. The patient's liver was obviously enlarged and it was actually my first time to see a very large liver ( Fana told me she had seen bigger ). Then, she showed me a patient who she had once examine and taught me on hand and joints examination. the patient had gouty tophi and he also taught us on how the doctors would examine him. (see, we can learn a lot from patient..). Next, we went to a 70 year old Chinese patient and get permission from him to examine his upper and lower limb. eventhough he is 70, he has an abnormally strong power. Fana was complaining that her wrist ached due to the uncle's strength when testing for his wrist. There's a few interesting finding that we found the patient had such as lower limb fasciculation and intentional tremor. Finally, we took a history from a middled aged Malay lady who was a known case of Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA) for 3 years. She told us how she first get the symptoms and how she was diagnosed later on. We were very excited because she had a typical clinical features of RA (just like in books, as fana would say).
We decided to stop and have lunch as it was nearly afternoon. i thought of having nasi lemak as my lunch but unfortunately, the nasi lemak stall was closing when we get there. We then decided to have lunch outside. so, I drove my car with Fana as the road guide to Bandar Sri Permaisuri, searching for a place to have lunch. We finally found the same junction where we come from and realized that we were actually went around and get nowhere..(haha). Well, we finally have our lunch at Tesco where Fana and I bought at Little Wok stall at the food court. What was interesting about the food was that the food was not served on a plate, but instead was served in a little wok ( thus the name of the stall) or what we called 'kuali'. Owh, before we had our lunch, Fana realized that she had lost her RM50 (which she slip it in her white coats' pocket). This was actually her second time of loosing RM50 ( the first one was when we were at Tanjung Karang, at Bazar Ramadhan). We tried to find it in my car but it was nowhere to be seen. Fana called a couple of friends who happened to be at the ward that time to pick it up for her if they were to found the money. I had nagged her for not bringing her purse and carelessly slip the money like that. Well, until this moment, she hadn't found it yet and was sulking about it..hmm..back to the story, after we had our lunch and bought a few things, we headed back to the college..Well, that's it for now..my eyes are drooping right now (ptosis..hehe)..till my tips of fingers meet the keyboard again..

1 comments:

FaNa said...

kahkahkahkah